Effective Date: December 1, 2015
The Policy describes the types of personal information we collect, how we use the information, with whom we share it, and the rights of and choices available to individuals regarding our use of their information. We also describe the measures we take to protect the security of the information and how you can contact us about our privacy practices and to exercise your rights. Our privacy practices may vary among the countries in which we operate to reflect local practices and legal requirements. You can view certain country-specific information by clicking here.
We collect personal information about you in various ways, such as through our Sites and social media channels; at our events and through phone and fax; through job applications and in connection with in-person recruitment; and in connection with our interactions with clients and vendors. We may collect the following types of personal information (as permitted under local law):
- username and password when you register on our Sites;
- geolocation data in connection with certain features of our Sites, such as the Manpower Jobs mobile app;
- other information you may provide to us, such as in surveys or through the "Contact Us" feature on our Sites.
Employment and education history;
- Social Security number, national identifier or other government-issued identification number;
- citizenship and work authorization status;
- results of drug tests and criminal and other background checks;
- tax-related information;
- information contained in your resume or C.V., information you provide regarding your career interests, and other information about your qualifications for employment.
Information Collected By Automated Means
The providers of third-party apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins on our Sites, such as social media sharing tools, also may use automated means to collect information regarding your interactions with these features. This information is collected directly by the providers of the features and is subject to the privacy policies or notices of these providers. Subject to applicable law, ManpowerGroup is not responsible for these providers’ information practices.
We use the information described above to perform the following activities (as permitted under local law):
- creating and managing online accounts;
- managing our client and vendor relationships;
- communicating about, and administering participation in, special events, promotions, programs, offers, surveys, contests and market research;
- operating, evaluating and improving our business (including developing, enhancing, analyzing and improving our services; managing our communications; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies.
Provide you with job opportunities and work;
- provide additional services to you, such as training, career counseling and career transition services;
- perform data analytics, such as (i) analyzing our job candidate and associate base; (ii) assessing individual performance and capabilities, including scoring on work-related skills; (iii) identifying skill shortages; (iv) using information to match individuals and potential opportunities, and (v) analyzing pipeline data (trends regarding hiring practices).
In addition, we use information collected through cookies, web beacons, pixels, web server logs and other automated means for purposes such as (i) customizing our users’ use of our Sites; (ii) delivering content tailored to our users’ interests and the manner in which our users use our Sites; and (iii) managing our Sites and other aspects of our business. To the extent required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before collecting information using cookies or similar automated means.
You may see certain ads on other websites because we engage third-party advertising networks. Through such advertising networks, we can target our messaging to users through demographic, interest-based and contextual means. Through the ad networks, we can track your online activities over time by collecting information through automated means, including through the use of third-party cookies, web server logs, pixels and web beacons. The networks use this information to show you advertisements that may be tailored to your individual interests. The information our advertising networks may collect on our behalf includes data about your visits to websites that serve ManpowerGroup advertisements, such as the pages or advertisements you view and the actions you take on the websites. This data collection takes place both on our Sites and on third-party websites that participate in these ad networks. This process also helps us track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts. To learn how to opt out of this ad network interest-based advertising, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. To the extent required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before using your information for interest-based advertising.
Our Sites are not designed to respond to "do not track" signals from browsers.
Information We Share
In addition, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process; (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials based on a lawful disclosure request; and (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity. We also reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
Information collected through third-party plug-ins and widgets on the Sites (such as information relating to your use of a social media sharing tool) is collected directly by the providers of the plug-ins and widgets. This information is subject to the privacy policies of the providers of the plug-ins and widgets, and ManpowerGroup is not responsible for those providers’ information practices.
Your Rights And Choices
To learn more about how to opt out of ad network interest-based advertising, please visit the consumer opt-out page at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
Notice To California Residents
Subject to certain limitations, California residents may ask us to provide them with (i) a list of certain categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, and (ii) the identity of those third parties. To make this request, California residents may contact us as specified in the "How to Contact Us" section below.
If you are located in the European Economic Area ("EEA") or Switzerland, we will comply with applicable legal requirements providing adequate protection for the transfer of personal information to recipients in countries outside of the EEA or Switzerland.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Links To Third-Party Sites, Apps and Services
For your convenience and information, our Sites may provide links to third-party sites, apps and services that may be operated by companies not affiliated with ManpowerGroup. These companies may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any non-ManpowerGroup sites, apps or services.
How To Contact Us
Attn: General Counsel
100 Manpower Place
Milwaukee, WI 53212
If you are in the European Union, please contact:
Attn: Director of Legal Affairs, EMEA
Experis, The Helicon
One South Place
London EC2M 2RB