40% of Global Employers Report Talent Shortages
More Employers Than Ever Are Turning to Training & Development to Address Talent Shortages
Are Your Skills in Demand?
Do you have the desire and ability to learn new skills to stay employable for the long term?
The Number of Employers Training and Developing Existing Employees to Fill Open Positions has Doubled from 1 in 5 to Over Half
Roles Employers Find Hardest to Fill
Are your skills in demand?
Top Ten roles employers struggle to fill. For the 5th consecutive year, Skilled Trades positions are the hardest to fill globally in 2016; IT Staff roles jumped 7 places to 2nd position
Tracking 10+ Years of Talent Shortage
Countries Where Employers Have the Most Difficulty Filling Roles
- Talent shortage has become more of an issue in 6 of the 9 largest global economies between 2015 and 2016
- As in 2014 and 2015, Japanese employers report the most difficulty filling vacant positions
- U.S. employers report the most notable increase in hiring difficulties, up from 32% in 2015 to 45% this year
- Just 10% of Chinese employers report hiring difficulties
- Employers in the EMEA region are facing talent shortages at the highest levels since 2006 at 36%
Why Employers Say it's Hard to Fill Positions
The Job Market is Changing. We Can Help.
Explore career possibilities; understand your strengths; learn new skills; get full college tuition coverage; prepare for your job search